Thursday, May 8, 2008

Continuing the Journey (because we all know it's not about the destination)

Let's see, basically my aim with this post is to put up some pictures of people, since there seems to be a demand for that. I have so many pictures that I would love to put up on here... but that's kind of impossible so here are a few that I picked out. Hope all of you at home enjoy! :-)



Here's the entire gang in the Old Town in Warsaw, by Warsaw's Mermaid. The mermaid is also found on Warsaw's shield. She is said to protect the city with her sword and shield, and even though she hasn't done as well as they may have liked, the people still look to her for protection.








I believe these faces are the "We are Conquering the Old Town" faces. haha. This is the wall that surrounds the Old town in Warsaw.














On our way to the Mazurian Lake region, we stopped for a rest stop. Jessica and I are enjoying our European Fanta! It's so much better here than at home, and comes in many flavors! (such as lemon, which is the kind that Jessica is holding). Quite tasty!













Okay, so I know this is not a person, but I had to put a picture up of the storks we have seen by the road. We were conveniently stopped for construction when this picture was taken. The storks' nests are HUGE... weighing up to 2000 pounds! (if I heard that correctly). As our tour guide said, in some towns, the storks out number the people.













The beach! And the Baltic Sea! and it's probably 50 degrees out! It's still beautiful though, if not beach weather. We had fun tonight walking on the boardwalk and along the pier... attempting to order "American" food, aka hamburgers that tasted like sausage and came with eggs on them. Oh well, what can you do?







Well, that's all for me for today! I hope you enjoyed this pictured-filled post. :-)
-Sarah

No comments: