Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yak sie masc from Dr. B! It is wonderful to be back in Poland! Aside from a mild trauma (my luggage got lost in Frankfurt but was returned later the night we checked in--oy!), we're off to a really good start. We've seen a great deal of Warsaw and have been fed to the point of bursting (that is how I know I am actually in Poland, by the way). And, unlike the last time I was here, I'm getting a chance to discover new things about the capital city. I was really enchanted by Lazienki Park, which I had only seen at a glance. Having walked throught the park, the lush grounds early in the morning were a soothing oasis. And touring the Sejm, or the seat of Polish government, was really interesting; Polish democracy came into clearer focus. But on a more personal note, going to these places and many others, I have developed a new understanding and appreciation of freedom to the Poles. And further, I now better understand the enormous spirit and perseverance of the Poles, who have experienced adversity the likes of which are unknown to so many of us in the West. It makes me all the more proud of my Polish heritage. Yes, it is definitely good to be back in Poland! Do widzenie!

No comments: