Monday, May 5, 2008

So far...


So, I did not get much sleep last night. I felt exhausted when I went to bed, but then I woke up around 3AM our time. And now, at 6 AM I am just beginning to feel tired again. Oh yes, I see great coffee in my future.

Lets see, what else is there to say about this trip so far? Jeremy had good points about the planes, it was a pretty smooth ride here, at least as far as I assume, I personally am afraid of heights, and was able to settle in pretty comfortably on the big plane, so that was dandy.

Poland, so far, is great. My assumptions prior to arriving here were that it would be totally foreign looking, but so far I feel like if you changed the language on the billboards and signs, Warsaw could easily be a part of Albany, New York. I am guessing this comparison with Albany will slowly fade away later today when we go to see the Old Town, from what I have read on it, the Old town is supposed to be beautiful, colorful, and fashioned off the 13th century look it had prior to Nazi invasion in the 1940’s. I'm pretty excited about that...

Okay, so that is pretty much all for now. Except this awesome picture from our hotel window that I told my Dad I would post. It is of the Palace of Culture and Science. From what I hear it is known by a totally different name here, but i am going to go ahead and make the executive decision that such a name is not appropriate for an EC Blog :)

My tummy is growling...
Kristin

No comments: